Communicating with customers in a variety of ways means they’re more likely to notice and interact with your brand. Get more from your marketing budget by combining media like web content, emails, social media, print, online advertising and TV.
The multi-channel approach works because the combined effect is greater than the sum of its parts. And customers like it too. Read on to find out more.
Euronics: Your Local Electrical Store
We’ve been working with Euronics, the largest electrical buying group in Europe, since 2012. They have around 1,100 independent electrical stores in the UK, many of which are family owned and have been around for generations. The brand has strong ties to local communities, with stores on high streets up and down the country.
Independents working together has major benefits for Euronics customers – local shops offering the biggest names in electricals with unbeatable service. The group is similar to a cooperative in many ways.
Because the stores all specialise in electricals, you’ll find a level of knowledge you won’t easily find elsewhere. Staff will help you make the right purchase, as well as delivering and installing your item, and disposing of your old appliance.
Euronics sell all sorts of electricals, from kitchen and laundry appliances such as washing machines and fridges, to smaller items like toasters, as well as TVs and audio products. Many of the products are exclusives and can’t be found elsewhere. The focus is on quality and price, and there are lots of great deals, competitions and promotions all year round.
Find your local Euronics store here.
The independents in Euronics work together to produce a great result for their customers. Multi-channel marketing works in the same way – combining a variety of methods to make a bigger impact.
The combination of Euronics’ in-house marketing team and Mitra works well too. Regular face-to-face meetings and conference calls ensure we’re able to give advice at every stage. We’ve helped the brand achieve impressive increases in performance consistently over the last few years.
Traffic to the Euronics website is up significantly year-on-year, as it has been over the three years we’ve worked together. That’s no mean feat, especially when you consider that the site gets millions of visits annually and is competing with blue chip brands in a tough industry.
To make sure they get the best possible return on their marketing spend, we’ve helped Euronics develop a multi-channel strategy. This involves high-quality copywriting, specialist SEO, email marketing, online ads and social media. It also ties in with their print and broadcast media campaigns.
With large ecommerce sites like this, products are added to the catalogue virtually every week. Many sites rely purely on manufacturers’ specifications to provide the content for product pages, but for Euronics, we’ve written a unique description for every single one. This really helps customers make better buying decisions, and shows the search engines we’re adding real value.
Website Optimisation and SEO
Google, Bing and other search engines like sites they can explore easily, with no duplicate content or technical problems. The Euronics site is constantly changing as new products, promotions and pages are added; we run regular reports and checks to ensure everything is as it should be, and keeps up with rapidly changing search engine algorithms.
For Euronics, emails are a brilliant way to connect with customers, promote offers and share content. Often working alongside a print leaflet, email delivers high-quality messaging with luxurious design straight to the consumer’s inbox.
Developing email lists is just as important as sending the emails themselves. Running competitions is a great way to do this, as well as making sure the newsletter sign-up message is optimised.
Pay-per-click advertising on Google AdWords helps Euronics high street stores compete with other big names and multiples. Remarketing banner ads keep the brand at the forefront of customers’ minds while they’re surfing the web, while shopping and text ads advertise particular products.
Online ads give a lot of flexibility, allowing Euronics to allocate their budget to the key times of year in each marketplace.
While social media doesn’t sell products on its own, it’s important for showing customers you care. Savvy consumers often research a brand’s social media profiles before making a purchase.
Euronics regularly get hundreds of likes, shares and retweets on their posts, and we’ve designed a number of competitions on Twitter and Facebook to drive engagement.
Bringing it All Together
Multi-channel marketing works because different approaches combine in mutually beneficial ways. For example, if Euronics have an offer they want to promote, all their marketing channels are involved and cross-supporting each other:
- Past competitions mean there are more people on the email list and more subscribers to Euronics’ social media profiles. The number of people who can initially hear about the offer is increased.
- Email gets the word out about the promotion, sending information straight to the inboxes of potential customers. The email links direct to the promoted products.
- Each product has a high-quality landing page with unique text. The quality of the content means more people are likely to take up the offer, both online and in store.
- SEO ensures as many people as possible visit the website from search engines. A large proportion will see promotional banners on the homepage and elsewhere. Many of these searchers will use the website to find their local high street store.
- Website visitors will see remarketing banners on other websites to reinforce the messaging.
- Print and TV advertising drives traffic to the website and generates footfall in store, where the promotion is advertised at point of sale.
- Searches for the Euronics brand name, driven by TV and print, are better served by optimised ads and web pages in search engines.
- Social media posts generate engagement and discussion. This generates positive feedback, and people share the offer with their friends. This multiplies the effect of the promotion, like ripples on a pool.
- PPC ads such as those on Google AdWords promote the products that are on offer and gain prominence just at the right time, regardless of who the competitors are.
This multi-channel approach serves customers and Euronics members alike – delivering the right offer, in the right place, at the right time – and all with efficient use of budget to ensure maximum return on investment.